Curatamp® is a sterile, absorbable haemostat made from Oxidised Cellulose. Oxidised Cellulose is a fabric material that is obtained by the oxidation of alpha grade cotton gauze using nitrous oxide. The low pH of the cellulosic acid within the product has caustic properties that lead to haemostasis via the initial denaturation of blood proteins. Curatamp® provides haemostasis in surgical procedures to control capillary, venous and small arterial bleeding when binding, suturing or other conventional methods of control are impractical or ineffective.
- Haemostasis in 3 – 4 minutes
- Completely absorbed within 7 – 14 days
- Can be cut without fraying
- High flexibility and drapability
- Suitable for laparoscopic procedures
- No fabric memory effect
- View product codes and sizes